Friday, February 24, 2012

Google Glasses - The Last Pair You'll Ever Need?

In all the recent discussion about the glasses Google is working on, I have yet to see the use I fully expect to turn them toward - magnifying the page in front of me.

I would like to think it has, or will, occur to someone that with a decently tuned display you could have the glasses alter the image to take care of the imperfections that you normally need ground lenses to do. Instead the glasses could redisplay the landscape or reading material in front of you in a manner that allows you to effectively have self-correcting glasses. Better, you could have an app that tracks your pupil movement and then can additionally correct if it sees you are squinting all the time, or seem to be getting fatigued.

Given the current price of even "discount" progressive lenses, I could see a VERY hot market for these types of augmented reality/reading glasses.

Post a Comment